“Do you want to be the sower of a day, sow flowers.
Do you want to be the sower of a life, sow a tree.
Do you want to be the sower of eternity, sow goodness.”
Father Louis-Marie Parent, O.M.I.
1. You're rich and you don't know it
You can love when you risk loving. Your face becomes full of tenderness, your arms are ready to welcome, your legs to serve. You've got a heart; it's just a question of letting yourself be tamed. You're smart, but it's up to you to believe it first, and others will follow.
Love is your business, your job. You alone are the administrator, the exploiter, the distributor of your personal wealth. If you love yourself well, if you love yourself in truth, others will notice you, observe you and discover in you points that will provoke wonder and admiration.
• To love oneself is to search deep within oneself for one's qualities, to discover one's talents, to pool one's energies, to direct one's dynamism for the benefit of others.
• To love oneself is to seek out the best in others, to divulge the positive values of others, to tame oneself to the best in them.
• Loving ourselves means being attentive to others, discovering their needs, trying to help them blossom by letting them know that they are the agents of inner and outer happiness.
• Loving yourself means building yourself, developing your ability to listen.
Everyone has an energy inside them that we call self-confidence, which we use to encourage others.
Sowing the seeds of peace around you means renewing your heart, your mind and your life.
Excerpt from the “Collection Volontaires de Dieu”, Louis-Marie Parent, O.M.I.